There are millions of people who suffer from a form of sleep disorder who have not been diagnosed or received proper treatment and it greatly hinders their quality of life.
If you, or a suspected loved one display signs or symptoms of any type of sleep disorder, speak with your family doctor for more information and resources near you.
RESIDE IN THE GREATER TORONTO AREA?
For residents in Ontario and GTA, sleep studies are covered under OHIP.Follow these simple instructions for a sleep study:
- Download and print sleep study requisition form below.
- Consult with family physician or a walk-in physician and request they fill out the sleep referral form and fax it to the number on the form.
- Wait 1-3 business days for a sleep concierge to contact you to help you select a sleep lab that’s most convenient for you.
- Your referral will be sent to the selected lab and the lab will arrange with you an overnight sleep study.
- Once results are ready, you will review results and treatment options with a sleep doctor for your diagnosis.
How do I choose a Sleep Lab?
There are many types of sleep labs.Choose from hospital-like settings to hotelroom-like settings depending on yourpersonal preferences. CPAP Direct Ltd’s network of labs are trusted and vetted for. We can assist you and refer you to a specific sleep lab (close to home or work) or you can find asleep lab that best suits yourneeds and requirements.
What happens at an overnight sleep study?
The overnight sleep study requires you to spend a night at a sleep centre. The test electronically records the body and brain’s activity during sleep. A report is generated on your brain activity, eye movements, heart patterns, oxygen and carbon dioxide blood levels, major muscle movements as well as breathing and snoring activity. A sleep physician will analyze the report and provide a diagnosis. Depending on the diagnosis, a sleep disorder can be effectively treated with a wide range of options: from a simple medical pillow to a CPAP machine. Please contact CPAP Direct Ltd. for a free consultation of all treatments and therapies of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.